Year 9, 10 & 11 Maths Homework
Dear GA Families
I am writing regarding the changes to the online maths homework that year 9,10 and 11 students complete at Gloucester Academy to help them climb their own personal mountain to the best universities and professions.
At Gloucester Academy we know the impact that high quality homework has on student outcomes. This is why we only invest in the very best online homework platforms. Our year 9, 10 & 11 students all get set online maths homework on HegartyMaths, an award-winning online Maths website. The aim of HegartyMaths is to provide a top-quality home learning platform for all students and to help students not only become better mathematicians but more independent learners.
Each student will have three tasks set per week on HegartyMaths. Students have one week to complete all three tasks.
- Year 9 - all three tasks set on Mondays at 8 am and are due the next Monday at 8 am.
- Year 10 - all three tasks set on Fridays at 8 am and are due the next Friday at 8 am.
- Year 11 - all three tasks set on Thursdays at 8 am and are due the next Thursday at 8 am.
Each task should take up to half an hour to complete. Students need to bring in their Hegarty booklet on the day the homework is due.
Completing HegartyMaths tasks will consist of the following parts:
- Watch the whole video before completing the task
- Make notes in their Hegarty booklet, with at least two fully worked examples written down
- Complete the quiz, showing full working out in their booklet
- If students achieve less than 80% after completing the above, the task must be attempted at least once more.
Students who complete their Hegarty homework to the highest standard will be rewarded for their excellent work. Each week we will announce the “Hegarty Heroes” for that week and give out prizes to these students in each year group. However, the ultimate reward of doing Hegarty maths is becoming a more independent learner and better mathematician!
Compulsory Support Sessions
If a student does not complete the work to an acceptable standard will need to attend a compulsory support session after school that same day. These will run from 3.05pm to 3.35pm and students will be given Chromebooks to complete the homework that they missed.
We have a fantastic array of extra homework support available to ensure students succeed; GA Prep starts at 7.15am where students can use Chromebooks to complete their online homework, as well as homework support happening every lunch time, both with teacher supervision.
Thank you for your continued support. If you have any questions at all please contact me using the email email@example.com
Mr J Watson
Acting Head of Mathematics