Update on the use of face coverings/masks from Monday 17th May 2021
Dear GA Families
We are incredibly proud of the way the whole of the GA community has come together to support each other during this pandemic. We have been informed by the Department for Education that there will be a slackening for the need to wear face coverings/masks whilst in school.
Guidance for students from Monday 17th May 2021
- From 17 May 2021 face coverings will no longer be recommended for pupils and students in classrooms or communal areas, in all schools.
- Face coverings will also no longer be recommended for staff in classrooms.
- In all schools and FE providers, we continue to recommend that face coverings .should be worn by staff and visitors in situations outside of classrooms where social distancing is not possible.
Social Distancing in School
Social distancing is still very important. You should stay 2 metres apart from anyone who is not in your household or support bubble where possible, or 1 metre with extra precautions in place (such as wearing face coverings) if you cannot stay 2 metres apart.
Not attending school guidance
If you fall into any of these categories, do not attend until you have spoken to the attendance team, or emailed for advice GAAttendance@gloucesteracademy.co.uk
- have symptoms or have had a positive test result.
- live with someone who has symptoms or has tested positive and are a household contact.
- are a close contact of someone who has COVID-19.
- shielding advice has been paused nationally from 31 March 2021 - all critically extremely vulnerable (CEV) pupils should attend their school unless they are one of the very small number of pupils under paediatric or other specialist care and have been advised by their GP or clinician not to attend.
Once again it has been incredibly humbling to see the way that the whole GA community has acted responsibly in a supportive manner to one another.
Many thanks and please continue to support each other.
Mr J Heap