SIMS Parent App
Once your child starts at Gloucester Academy we need to ensure that the details regarding your child and their contact details are kept up to date. In light of the new GDPR regulations we are no longer able to send a paper copy home for checking, so we will be moving across to a secure electronic format.
We are now using the Sims Parent App that will show you your child’s details, such as contact numbers, emails, address, etc, which you can then change, if needed, and the information will then be imported back into the school records automatically.
Please follow the instructions below to gain access.
1. An email invitation will be sent to you Saying DONOTREPLY@SIMS this is so that you can register your account.
2. Follow the instructions to register. It will ask you to sign in with a programme you already use.
DO NOT CHOOSE ICON ON THE LEFT.
It will ask you to verify your account. It will ask you to input your child’s Date of birth. You must put it in as it shows. For example, 29/02/2008.
You will then have access to the web version of the app. You can then download the App.
3. Download the Sims Parent App from your networks app store.
You will need to use the same programme to activate the app as you used to register the account.
If you registered with Google you must use this programme again. Or if you used Facebook you must use that.
5. Make any changes to the student’s details, if needed.
6. If changes have been made, press SAVE.
7. The screen will say ‘Pending Changes’ until the school has acknowledged the changes whereupon it will return to normal and you will be able to make changes again when needed
The introduction of this App is to ensure that your child’s details are handled with the utmost care and security.
This App will also allow us to share with you behaviour information, both positive and negative. It will also be how you receive your child's reports at the end of each term, see any activities that are taking place within school. See your child's timetable, as well as any detentions that may be set.
There is also a SIMS Student app which engages students by allowing them to see important information, such as their timetable. Students can also receive alerts and reminders through the app, for example, if there is a careers fair happening at school. Students can access all the information they need outside of school directly from their phone, tablet or PC. Whether they are on the school bus or on their home computer, the information they need is at their fingertips.
If you have any concerns regarding the use of the app then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs P Lewis