Return to school January 2021 - UPDATE
31st December 2020
RE: Return to school January 2021 - UPDATE
May I first wish you a very Merry Christmas and trust you are fit and well. You may have heard on the news yesterday afternoon that the Government has changed the plans for students’ return to school for the weeks beginning the 4th and 11th January 2021.
We have now been directed to implement a staggered return, this has the following detail and replaces any previous communication.
Week Beginning 4th January 2021
- Only the children of those deemed to be Critical Workers, as well as students classified as ‘vulnerable’, and those with EHCPs will be offered a place physically in school.
- If you wish to confirm a place for your child, and have not done so already, then please email [email protected], stating your child’s name, year group, and reason you require a place and which days
- Years 7-10 will follow an online curriculum, from Tuesday the 5th January 2021, details of which will be provided by Mr J Watson for the start of term, please also email [email protected] if your child currently does not have access to an electronic device i.e. laptop, or requires support to access WiFi.
- Year 11 will follow streamed lessons, following a set timetable, from Tuesday 5th January 2021. Details of which will be distributed by Mrs Lewis.
- During this week we will publish and begin delivery of an updated COVID testing programme for all other students (year 7 to 10). Please continue to complete the permission form for your child, if you have already done so, this does not need to be completed again. https://forms.gle/UTAGZdVSviFNyscZA
Week beginning 11th January 2021
- Year 11 students will return in to school
- As well as those children of those deemed to be Critical Workers, as well as students classified as ‘vulnerable’, and those with EHCPs will be offered a place physically in school.
- If you wish to confirm a place for you child, and have not done so already, then please email [email protected], stating your child’s name, year group, and reason you require a place and which days
- All other students will continue with the online provision
Week beginning 18th January 2021
- At the present moment we expect all students to return on this date
We will provide any further updates and details for each year group on Monday 4th January 2021.
We fully appreciate that this course of action may well create challenges for all involved, but whilst the Government has only just released this guidance, I am sure we can all work together to make this a success for the great young adults in our care.
As ever, many thanks for your support and trust.
Wishing you a very happy new year and a healthy 2021.
Mr J Heap