We are still accepting in-year applications for all school years. Please can parents contact us directly for an in year application and return directly to the school. See below to discover more
"As Headteacher I see it as a great privilege when a parent allows us the honour of educating their child. We are on an incredibly exciting journey, one I would wholly recommend your child join us on."
P Lewis Headteacher
We promise to:
- Provide a challenging, and academic, curriculum ‘grammar school expectations for all’.
- Support every child in their ‘own personal journey to the very best university or profession’.
- Provide disruption free learning
- Embed a comprehensive literacy and reading programme.
- Provide an opportunity for all students to represent the academy, be it in sports teams or other challenges.
- Expect students to ‘work hard and be kind’.
- Have exemplary standards of uniform, punctuality and behaviour at all times.
- Provide support to allow all children to achieve.
- Have specialist teachers in every classroom, teaching their own subject.
- Create a warm, welcoming and rewarding culture for all students
If you have not been able to attend our open evening or one of our open mornings, please contact the school to arrange a convenient time for a tour: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for a place at Gloucester Academy other than at the specified dates of entry, parents should contact the school to obtain the In-Year Admission Form. The In-Year Admission Form should be completed and returned directly to the school.
Where there are more applicants than places available, the school will maintain a waiting list according to the oversubscription criteria detailed in the school’s admission arrangements without regard to the date the application was received or when a child’s name was added to the waiting list.
Positions on the waiting lists may go down as well as up. This is because other children might be added to the waiting list who have a greater priority for a place against the school’s admission criteria; for example, when new families move into the area or when other families who had not previously named Gloucester Academy as a preference, ask to go on the waiting list after the initial allocations date.
|From noon 22 May 2023 to noon 30 June 2023||Online registration period for Grammar Entrance Test|
|September 2023||Letters sent out explaining how to apply for school places|
4 September 2023
|Online application facility opens|
16 September 2023
|Grammar School Entrance Test Day|
|Prior 31 October 2023||Grammar School Test results sent out - all results will be sent to parents/carers by the schools, this team does not have access to the results so please direct all queries to the schools|
Midnight, 31 October 2023
|Closing date for applications|
|Late Grammar School Entrance Test Day|
|1 March 2024||Allocation Day & parents/carers will receive the results of the late grammar school entrance test from the grammar schools directly|
|Midnight, 8 March 2024||Closing date for acceptances/declines and waiting list requests|
After 29 March 2024
|Outcome of waiting list requests sent out|
3 April 2024
|Closing date for waiting list round responses|
May to July 2024
Admissions arrangements 2022 - 2023
In accordance with the School Admissions Code 2014, the Greenshaw Learning Trust has consulted on the admissions arrangements for Gloucester Academy for entry in September 2022/23. The consultation closed in December 2020.
The main changes are;
- The inclusion of a priority for exceptional social and medical applications for schools where it was not previously included
- A Supplementary Information Form (SIF) for all exceptional social and medical applications (all schools)
- Alignment in the order of priorities within admission arrangements
- Alignment in criteria definitions
Admissions Arrangements for 2023-24
Admissions Arrangements for 2024-25
Please click here to view the admission arrangements for Greenshaw Learning Trust schools.