School hours & term dates
In September 2018, we introduced new timings to the academic day. Our rationale behind this change is as follows:
- Have a consistent approach to learning every day.
- All students have the same amount of teaching time — 25 hours per week
(Year 7 to Year 11)
- One lunch with improved supervision.
- Activities can be put on for students at lunch time to engage.
- Tutor/assembly time is now the first session to set the tone for the day across the school.
Term dates 2020-21
Detailed below are the term dates for the 2020-21 school year. Please book family trips and holidays outside of school time. If you book a holiday during school time or need to register an absence for any other reason, please complete an absence request form. Please be aware that you may be issued with a penalty notice of £60 per child, per parent, for time off taken during school time.
Please note: Thursday 3rd September 2020 - Year 7 students ONLY Friday 4th September 2020 - Whole school
3 September - 18 December
4 January - 2 April
19 April - 21 July
Training days (school closed for pupils)
- Tuesday 2nd September 2020 ( INSET Day)
- Wednesday 3rd September 2020 (INSET Day
- Monday 19th April 2021 (INSET DAY)
Timings of the school day
Students should arrive at the academy no later than 8:40am
|8:45-9:10am||Roll call and Read||Roll call and Read||Roll call and Read||Roll call and Read||Roll call and Read|
|9:10-10:05am||Lesson 1||Lesson 1||Lesson 1||Lesson 1||Lesson 1|
|10:05-11:00am||Lesson 2||Lesson 2||Lesson 2||Lesson 2||Lesson 2|
|11:20-12:15pm||Lesson 3||Lesson 3||Lesson 3||Lesson 3||Lesson 3|
|12:15-1:10pm||Lesson 4||Lesson 4||Lesson 4||Lesson 4||Lesson 4|
|1:45-2:10pm||Lesson||Lesson 5||Lesson 5||Lesson 5||Lesson 5|
|2:10-3:05pm||DEAR (Word Challenge)||DEAR||PSHE||DEAR||DEAR|